Your physical and economic well-being are important to the Person County Economic Development Commission and Staff. As such, we are monitoring resources related to COVID19 to share through this platform.
As rapidly as things are changing, we also encourage you to reach out to us directly with questions or needs.
COVID-19 Guidance & Resources for Small & Medium Manufacturers: Foundation for Manufacturing Excellence
Resources for Capital:
Small Business Administration (SBA) Economic Injury Disaster Loans
North Carolina COVID-19 Rapid Recovery Loans, supported by The Golden LEAF Foundation
Additional Resources from Affiliate Partners:
COVID-19 Essential Businesses and Operations- See Section 2 of Governor’s Order for a description of each:
- Businesses that meet Social Distancing Requirements.
- Businesses operating in CISA identified sectors.
- Healthcare and Public Health Operations.
- Human Services Operations.
- Essential Infrastructure Operations.
- Essential Governmental Operations.
- Stores that sell groceries and medicine.
- Food, beverage production and agriculture.
- Organizations that provide charitable and social services.
- Religious entities.
- Gas stations and businesses needed for transportation.
- Financial and insurance institutions.
- Home improvement, hardware and supply stores.
- Critical trades.
- Mail, post, shipping, logistics, delivery, and pick-up services.
- Educational institutions.
- Laundry services.
- Restaurants for consumption off-premises.
- Supplies to work from home.
- Supplies for COVID-19 Essential Businesses and Operations.
- Home-based care and services.
- Residential facilities and shelters.
- Professional services.
- Manufacture, distribution, and supply chain for critical products and industries.
- Defense and military contractors.
- Hotels and motels.
- Funeral Services.
- Additional COVID-19 Essential Retail Businesses.
- Electronic retailers that sell or service cell phones, computers, tablets, and other communications technology;
- Lawn and garden equipment retailers;
- Book stores that sell educational material;
- Beer, wine, and liquor stores;
- Retail functions of gas stations and convenience stores;
- Retail located within healthcare facilities;
- Pet and feed stores.
Businesses excluded from the list of COVID-19 Essential Businesses and Operations set forth in this Executive Order who believe that they may be essential may direct requests To the NC Dept of Revenue:
The Department may grant such request if it determines that it is in the best interest of the State to have the business continue operations in order to properly respond to this COVID-19 pandemic. The Department shall post on its website a point of contact and procedure for businesses seeking to be designated as essential. A business that has made a request to the Department to be included as a COVID-19 Essential Business or Operation may continue to operate until that request is acted upon.While the web form is the preferred method, you may also submit the request by email if you are unable to use the web form.